Friday has swung around again, hurrah! I’m linking up to FBFF today. The questions are about about clothes leaving the wardrobe, if they ever do.
1. How often do you go through your closet to purge the things you no longer wear? Not all that often, maybe one a year. Although I tend to do the seasonal shift which does cover looking at all the items and deciding what can stay all year round and what should be reserved for the holt or cold weather only.
2. What do you do with the things you are through with? If they are a decent quality and condition then selling on ebay, less lovely items are given to charity. The rubbish is either binned or put in clothes recycling banks.
3. Have you ever sold on consignment or through online boutiques? What has your experience been like? No no no, I really don’t have anything that lovely!
4. More and more people are concerned about the fast rotation of fashion and how that is filling our landfills. What are you doing to decrease your clothing trash pile? A lot goes into my wardrobe and to be fair, far less comes out. I do have ever intention of wearing everything a lot, just factors like ill fitting, wearing out, not matching or being suitable to wear with much else in my wardrobe force its premature removal from my collection.
5. What's been your favourite/best score from a thrift store or consignment shop? I was most chuffed with finding a dress to wear for a family wedding in a charity shop for £7. It was bright, bold and thankfully on trend, saving me a pretty penny and the horrendous job of choosing something from scratch! Actually the jacket was a great buy too, £3 from QD, originally Warehouse I think.
Happy Friday everyone!