Autumn wishes and plansFriday, September 30, 2016
Can it really be Autumn already? Good grief! It's time to spend a little time setting out some plans and hopes for the new season. This is Hazel's idea and I've jumped on board with it this year. Catch up with how I've done in Spring and Summer so far. I took a read through and realised that the picnic never materialised, nor staying up 'til dawn. Maybe next year!
Looking ahead to Autumn though, there are lots of things to see and do. In the spirit of feeling like I have already accomplished something let's see what I've already got under my belt.
- Photographing fungi - Yes! I have already enjoyed snapping a few but hopefully there are more to come
- Sofa blanket - it's an essential
- Photograph the changing landscape - I have already caught a few sights view my viewfinder.
- Book a cosy weekend away - I've got plans to go somewhere cute and snug
Still to look forward to
- Project craft room - I have visions of creating a space in which I can keep my crafting (ambitions) so I'll bring you more on this soon
- Change over my wardrobe - the cosy knits need to return!
- Have a clothing clear out - I need to get rid of things I don't yearn to wear. Get things organised.
- Bake a pumpkin pie - Yum!
- Open the flower press - hopefully the flowers I pressed are going to turn out pretty.
- Write letters - I have the urge to pick up my writing set and write to friends again.
- Enjoy the first frost - if it arrives.
- Forage! - There is so much on offer in Autumn and I want to find the following: blackberries, rosehips, sweet chestnuts, cob nuts, sloes. Anything else would be a bonus! I have recipes in mind for making...
- Rosehip syrup
- Blackberry and apple crumble
- Sloe gin